Program Coordinator, Powerbuilding and Organizing
Join a national organization committed to advancing a movement to race equity and health justice.
Community Catalyst is a leading non-profit national health advocacy organization dedicated to advancing a movement for health equity and justice. We partner with local, state and national advocates to leverage and build power so all people can influence decisions that affect their health. Health systems will not be accountable to people without a fully engaged and organized community voice. That’s why we work every day to ensure people’s interests are represented wherever important decisions about health and health care are made: in communities, state houses and on Capitol Hill.
Community Catalyst recently concluded a significant five-year strategic planning process. The plan centers the organization’s work on race equity and health justice, long-term vision setting, and power building. The Power Building and Organizing Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support coordinating power building and organizing projects and initiatives as opportunities and needs arise within Community Catalyst’s Programs & Advocacy Team. The Program Coordinator will have the ability to work independently on some projects and must be able to handle a wide variety of activities directly, respond to time sensitive needs with poise, and work efficiently and effectively independently and in a team atmosphere.
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by a staff union, Community Catalyst United, and specific employment terms may be subject to a future Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Supervision: The Program Coordinator is supervised by the Power building and Organizing Director within Community Catalyst’s Programs & Advocacy Team.
- Provides administrative and program support to program leadership. This support includes drafting correspondence, managing invoices, scheduling active calendars that include onsite/offsite meetings and calls, making staff travel arrangements, electronic and paper file maintenance, taking meeting minutes, maintaining and updating data entry on Salesforce, creating presentations and other documents.
- Assist with event planning, management, and logistics for special events and smaller program events (such as technology support, track budget expenses, development of event materials).
- Stays informed of upcoming program commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Maintains confidentiality that includes sensitive information about organization structure, finances and personnel.
- Conducts meeting facilitation including technology needs for all abilities.
- Perform other duties as necessary to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Bachelors’ degree plus 1 year relevant work experience or 3 years of relevant work experience
- Commitment to social justice and to the mission of Community Catalyst.
- Exceptionally organized with strong attention to detail.
- Able to take initiative, process information quickly and make responsible decisions.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and excitement to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills in a deadline driven environment with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with people who have different work styles and anticipate needs before they arise (i.e., manage up).
- Ability and interest to quickly learn about organizational operations, program structure, and build relationships with CC staff and CC advocacy partners.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions with the ability to ask for feedback when necessary.
- Ability to be adaptable, focused and optimistic during times of ambiguity or crisis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships and relate to diverse partners
- Proficiency in Zoom, NetSuite/Oracle, Box, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Excel and Salesforce (experience with Canva desirable).
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Bilingual in Spanish (Verbal and Written)
- Experience working with community-based organizations.
BENEFITS & SALARY
- Salary Range: $46,860-$55,000
- Generous paid time-off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Location: Flexible, can be based anywhere with the USA. If the employee is not based on the East Coast, flexibility in supporting different time zones may be required.
Applicants should submit a resume with a one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Program Coordinator Powerbuilding and Organizing” in the subject line.
Community Catalyst is strongly committed to building a work environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. We strive to make employment decisions that support inclusion to maintain a work atmosphere that is diverse, equitable and promotes family-friendly practices and work-life benefits so that people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate in hiring based on age, color, ethnicity, race, national origin, primary language, religion, socio-economic status, family status, mental and physical disabilities, veteran status, gender identity characteristics and/or expression, sex, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other classification that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
Through all of our programs, Community Catalyst works to build a better future for all individuals by advancing health equity, focusing on people of color, immigrants, as well as disability, gender, sexual identity and socio-economic status. It is important for our staff to reflect the diverse communities with which we work. People of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English are encouraged to apply.