Program Associate, CCEHI
Join a national organization committed to advancing a movement to race equity and health justice.
Community Catalyst is a leading non-profit national health advocacy organization dedicated to advancing a movement for health equity and justice. We partner with local, state and national advocates to leverage and build power so all people can influence decisions that affect their health. Health systems will not be accountable to people without a fully engaged and organized community voice. That’s why we work every day to ensure people’s interests are represented wherever important decisions about health and health care are made: in communities, state houses and on Capitol Hill. Learn more about our vision for the future in our five-year strategic plan.
The Program Associate will be joining the team at an exciting time, as Community Catalyst implements a new multi-year strategic plan. The Program Associate will provide crucial programmatic and administrative support to the consulting practice of Community Catalyst’s Center for Community Engagement in Health Innovation (CCEHI). This position provides opportunities for developing subject matter expertise, participating in informative trainings/meetings and engaging with community health leaders across the nation.
The ultimate goal of our work is to improve health care services, experiences, and overall health and wellness for those with complex health and social needs; but, particularly those from historically excluded or underrepresented populations. The Center for Community Engagement at Community Catalyst promotes co-developing health care payment and delivery system transformation with people possessing lived experience.
This full-time position is within Community Catalyst’s Center for Community Engagement in Health Innovation.
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by a staff union, Community Catalyst United, and specific employment terms may be subject to a future Collective Bargaining Agreement
The Program Associate will report to the Deputy Director of the Center for Community Engagement in Health Innovation and will work in close collaboration with the Director of Business Development.
Provide programmatic support, including the following:
- Assisting with contract proposal development, contract management, tracking, monitoring, reporting, invoicing
- Conducting research, particularly on issues related to health system transformation, community engagement, medical debt, and hospital community benefit
- Scheduling appointments with internal and external participants and providing logistical support during calls/webinars and meetings, including technology set-up and troubleshooting, notetaking, and meeting follow-up
- Assisting with recruitment, communicating with and supporting patient and community advisory board members or listening session participants
- Generating initial drafts of surveys, correspondence, presentations, and program materials
- Writing blog posts or summaries highlighting contract or programmatic work
- Copy-editing and formatting written materials and website content
- Managing databases, electronic and paper files
- Tracking and processing stipend payments and reimbursements
- Assisting with travel arrangements
- Other duties as required to achieve programmatic goals
- A Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of professional work experience providing administrative support
- Commitment to race equity and health justice
- Computer skills including expert use of social media, familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM, Mailchimp and Canva (or similar tool)
- Strong project management, scheduling and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to solve problems
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Strong professional and empathic communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and with diverse groups of people
- Knowledge of health policy, or interest in, health system transformation
- Experience in social change activism such as: legislative advocacy or political/policy issue campaigns; community organizing; working with coalitions and stakeholders; and/or implementing communications strategies, preferred
- Ability to travel a few times a year
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Range: $43,000 – $48,500
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Location: Remote position, flexibility in supporting different time zones will be required
Applicants should submit a resume as a document with a one page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Program Associate, Consulting CCEHI” in the subject line.