Program Associate, CCEHI
Join a national organization committed to advancing a movement to race equity and health justice.
Community Catalyst is a leading non-profit national health advocacy organization dedicated to advancing a movement for health equity and justice. We partner with local, state and national advocates to leverage and build power so all people can influence decisions that affect their health. Health systems will not be accountable to people without a fully engaged and organized community voice. That’s why we work every day to ensure people’s interests are represented wherever important decisions about health and health care are made: in communities, state houses and on Capitol Hill. Learn more about our vision for the future in our five-year strategic plan.
The Program Associate will be joining the team at an exciting time, as Community Catalyst implements a new multi-year strategic plan. The Program Associate will provide crucial programmatic and administrative support to the Community Benefit and Economic Stability (CBES) project and the Hospital Equity and Accountability Project (HEAP) – two projects of the Center for Community Engagement in Health Innovation (CCEHI). This position provides opportunities for developing subject matter expertise, participating in informative trainings/meetings and engaging with community health leaders across the nation.
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by a staff union, Community Catalyst United, and specific employment terms may be subject to a future Collective Bargaining Agreement
The Program Associate is supervised by the Associate Director, Center for Consumer Engagement in Health Innovation.
Provide programmatic support, including the following:
- Assisting with contract proposal development, contract management, tracking, monitoring, reporting, invoicing
- Tracking and processing stipend payments and reimbursements
- Scheduling appointments with internal and external participants and providing logistical support during calls/webinars and meetings, including technology set-up and troubleshooting, notetaking, and meeting follow-up
- Managing listservs of partners, databases, electronic and paper files
- Assisting with travel arrangements
- Generating initial drafts of surveys, correspondence, presentations, and program materials
- Copy-editing and formatting written materials
- Conducting research, particularly on issues related to health system transformation, community engagement, medical debt, and hospital community benefit, Certificate of Needs, Religious Refusals
- Writing blog posts or summaries highlighting programmatic work
- Performing other duties as required to achieve programmatic goals
- A Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of professional work experience
- Commitment to race equity and health justice
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to solve problems
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Strong professional and empathic communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and with diverse groups of people
- Knowledge of health policy, or interest in, health system transformation
- Experience in social change activism such as: legislative advocacy or political/policy issue campaigns; community organizing; working with coalitions and stakeholders; and/or implementing communications strategies, preferred
- Ability to travel a few times a year
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Range: $43,000 – $48,500
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Location: Remote position, flexibility in supporting different time zones will be required
Applicants should submit a resume as a document with a one page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Program Associate, CCEHI” in the subject line.
Community Catalyst is strongly committed to building a work environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. We strive to make employment decisions that support inclusion to maintain a work atmosphere that is diverse, equitable and promotes family-friendly practices and work-life benefits so that people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate in hiring based on age, color, ethnicity, race, national origin, primary language, religion, socio-economic status, family status, mental and physical disabilities, veteran status, gender identity characteristics and/or expression, sex, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other classification that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
Through all of our programs, Community Catalyst works to build a better future for all individuals by advancing health equity, focusing on people of color, immigrants, as well as disability, gender, sexual identity and socio-economic status. It is important for our staff to reflect the diverse communities with which we work. People of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English are encouraged to apply.