Join a national organization committed to advancing a movement to race equity and health justice.
Community Catalyst is a leading non-profit national health advocacy organization dedicated to advancing a movement for health equity and justice. We partner with local, state and national advocates to leverage and build power so all people can influence decisions that affect their health. Health systems will not be accountable to people without a fully engaged and organized community voice. That’s why we work every day to ensure people’s interests are represented wherever important decisions about health and health care are made: in communities, state houses and on Capitol Hill. Learn more about our vision for the future in our five-year strategic plan.
Position that will require to report to the Manager of Finance, Accounting & Systems and work closely with the current Staff Accountant on the processing AP Invoices and payments along with analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by a staff union, Community Catalyst United, and specific employment terms may be subject to a future Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Process Accounts Payables Invoices for Payment
- Maintain Vendor Records and up to date Vendor Listing
- Work collaboratively with various departments to pay invoices on timely basis
- Process Journal Entries in the System
- Perform all duties assigned on the monthly checklist
- Managing & Analyzing AP Databases for Vendors
- Maintaining & Uploading All Existing/New Grants and Funder Budgets in the system
- Assist in Reporting on Funder Budgets vs Actuals
- Maintain Existing Grant Records
- Back Up for FFS Contracts, Recording Donations and Creating Project Codes
- Assist with Yearly Audit
- Other duties assigned by the Supervisor, Manager of Finance Grants and the Senior Director of Finance
- Other duties as required to achieve Finance Team goals
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or 2+years of relevant work experience
- Solid operational and technical accounting background
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed
- Functional knowledge of cloud-based systems and spreadsheet tools required
- Experience developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to solve problems
- Commitment to health justice and racial justice
- Pro-active work style with excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Experience planning meetings or trainings with some facilitation component
- Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Range: Annual $50,000-$55,000
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Location: Flexible/remote
Applicants should submit a resume with a one page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.