Please join CMS for a series of webinars on the managed care final rule that was released on April 25. The series will be held on Thursdays from 12-1:30 p.m. Eastern. Specific topics/provisions of the final regulation will be presented on the following dates:
- May 5: Overview of the Final Rule
- May 12: Beneficiary Experience and Provisions Unique to Managed Long Term Services and Supports
- May 19: Managed Care Quality
- May 26: Program Integrity
- June 2: Rate Setting, Medical Loss Ratio and Delivery System Reform
- June 9: CHIP Managed Care
Managed Care Regulation Webinar Series. Dial in: 1-844-396-8222. Use participant code: 646 062 309
ConsumersUnion Health Care Value Hub is hosting a conversation about the role of consumers in shopping for healthcare value. An expert panel will present recent evidence on consumer-directed approaches and discuss new paths forward for the role of consumerism in health plan benefit design. The webinar will be interactive with opportunities for the audience to share experiences in their state and participate in Q&A.
- Lynn Quincy, Healthcare Value Hub
- David Newman and Amanda Frost, Healthcare Cost Institute
- Chapin White, RAND
Please register for the webinar.
Wednesday, May 11 (1-2:30 p.m. Eastern) – Learning Community Call: Health and Housing 101: Understanding the Intersections
In response to the growing national and local discourse about the connections between housing and health outcomes, Community Catalyst sees a clear interest in identifying the role health policy advocates can play in protecting and expanding access to quality, affordable, appropriate housing for vulnerable populations. In addition to the demonstrable connections between housing and health outcomes, housing is a fundamental human right that is under threat in many communities.
This is the first in a series of Community Catalyst learning community calls to engage national, regional, state and local partners who are working or want to start working in this health and housing The call will provide participants an overview of key concepts, as well as current research and thinking in the areas of health and housing from both the clinical perspective and the housing policy perspective. Participants will hear about future topics in this learning community series that will feature health and housing advocates, national partners, and grassroots organizations.
This first learning community call will feature:
- Janet Viveiros, National Housing Partnership
- Judy Zerzan, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer and Client and Clinical Care Office Director, Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- Dr. Megan Sandel, Boston Medical Center and Children’s Health Watch
Please RSVP to participate in this informative call.