Join a national organization committed to advancing a movement to race equity and health justice.
Community Catalyst is a leading non-profit national health advocacy organization dedicated to advancing a movement for health equity and justice. We partner with local, state and national advocates to leverage and build power so all people can influence decisions that affect their health. Health systems will not be accountable to people without a fully engaged and organized community voice. That’s why we work every day to ensure people’s interests are represented wherever important decisions about health and health care are made: in communities, state houses and on Capitol Hill. Learn more about our vision for the future in our five-year strategic plan.
The Senior Policy Analyst provides leadership, strategic advice, policy analysis, and contributes to the creation of policy resources to translate information to health advocates, providers and policymakers. The Senior Policy Analyst supports issues related to health equity, with a particular focus on eliminating disparities faced by low- income populations, immigrant populations, and communities of color through power building, advocacy, teaching and learning.
The Senior Policy Analyst works as part of a team to offer technical assistance to state health advocates and grassroots partners. Our technical assistance includes support across a range of capacities including coalition building, communications support, grassroots engagement, policy analysis, organizational sustainability, and campaign strategy and implementation. The Senior Policy Analyst will also lead initiatives to support national and state partners and advocacy coalitions in pursuing their policy advocacy goals.
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by a staff union, Community Catalyst United, and specific employment terms may be subject to a future Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Senior Policy Analyst is supervised by the Deputy Director of Policy.
- Build and maintain relationships with state and local health advocates and provide them with policy research and analysis support and strategic guidance on how to advance health coverage across a range of issue areas, especially within the context of immigrant health.
- Write comment letters, issue briefs, fact sheets, blogs, and reports on pertinent to immigrant health coverage issues and other related topics.
- Track and analyze legislation, regulations and guidance related to immigrant health issues.
- Maintain and develop relationships with collaborating national organizations working on immigrant health, including management and oversight of partner organization contracts to conduct policy work.
- Help craft and lead part of the project team’s state and federal policy agenda in collaboration with the senior policy staff.
- Actively participate as a member of the project team, and the cross-organizational Policy Team.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Community Catalyst programs on cross-cutting issues.
- Develop and maintain expertise in a number of policy areas that are part of the broader Community Catalyst health system transformation agenda.
- Be prepared to immerse yourself in new policy issues that may arise.
- Perform other duties as necessary to achieve Community Catalyst’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 6 years relevant health or immigration policy work experience.
- Broad, diverse knowledge and experience in state or federal health policy, including but not limited to issues related to Medicaid coverage, immigrant health coverage, and health insurance markets.
- Commitment to social justice, race equity and health equity, and experience in social change activism such as: legislative advocacy or political/policy issue campaigns; community organizing; working with coalitions and stakeholders; and/or implementing communications strategies.
- Demonstrated experience working on issues relevant to immigrant health and/or expanding access to health insurance coverage for immigrant communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of immigrant, refugee and asylee statuses and the health coverage programs available to each group.
- Demonstrated understanding of past and current public charge regulations and their impact on immigrant communities.
- Experience and knowledge of the political process and its interface with health policy.
- Demonstrated in-person and virtual communication skills ability to convey complex information in writing and verbally so that it is easily understood by various audiences, including health advocacy partners and policymakers.
- Research and analysis skills.
- Flexibility and ability to take on and identify emerging issues in health policy.
- Demonstrated history of working with a broad range of stakeholders, including consumer and community advocacy organizations.
- Organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, respond to tight timelines, pay attention to detail, and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally in US.
- Lived experience in one or more of the health issues listed on the Community Catalyst website and/or lived experience with immigrant health care.
- Existing relationships within immigrant health and/or immigrant rights communities.
- Language skill in Spanish or another language relevant to immigrant communities.
- Bilingual/bicultural background.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Range: $62,150 – $77,580
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Location: Remote position, flexibility in supporting different time zones will be required
Applicants should submit a resume and one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Senior Policy Analyst” in the subject line.